Donations to the MUSEUM COLLECTIONS
The Needham History Center & Museum is always happy to receive donations of historic Needham artifacts for our collections. We welcome donations of personal and business papers, photographs, maps, artworks, costumes and textiles, books, household and work tools, toys and games.
Our Collections Policy allows us to acquire items that meet the following criteria:
- Items that were made or used in Needham, or by a Needham resident, business, or organization
- Items that are associated with a Needham event
- Items that have a significant historical relationship to Needham
Because of space constraints and the necessity to provide adequate care and storage, we cannot accept the following:
- Items that do not have a significant Needham connection
- Items that are large or bulky, such as furniture
- Items that are significantly damaged or deteriorated
Donations to the HEIRLOOM SHOPPE
Downsizing? Starting over? Just ready for a new look? Consider donating your gently-used vintage treasures to the Heirloom Shop.
The Heirloom Shop is the Needham History Center’s gift shop and a source of revenue for the History Center’s programs. The Heirloom Shop accepts donations for sale of vintage and/or good-quality household, tableware, and decorative items, including:
- Crystal and glassware
- Decorations and artworks
If you have an item that you would like to donate, please Contact Us for more information. Donations to the Museum and Heirloom Shop are tax-deductible, and a donation receipt is provided when you donate.