Donate to preserve our collections!
Help us preserve the Washington Kerchief!
The Needham Historical Society is seeking $6000 to preserve several valuable textiles in our collection –
- the Washington Kerchief (1775 or 1776)
- the Needham Women Suffrage Banner (1873)
- the Lexington and Concord Centennial Banner (1876)
- the Henry Clay presidential campaign flag (1843)
- the Space Flag – a Needham flag carried into space by Sunita Williams
All of these artifacts are on display now in our 100th Anniversary exhibit, The History of Needham in 100 Objects.
Your generous support can help to these rare and precious textiles for the next 100 years.